Philosophy Purpose Principals
OUR PHILOSOPHY, PURPOSE, PRINCIPALS & POLICY
Our Philosophy | Live well, be well.
We believe life is about balance and harmony.
We recognise there is an innate intelligence at work in each of us that is continually directing a myriad of unconscious processes keeping us alive and well.
We know that true health comes from within and do all we can to naturally support and enhance this process.
We see the interconnectedness of all things and feel that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
We respect that what is done on an individual scale ripples out to affect the whole world and that our global environment is an integral part of our own health.
When possible we support local businesses, use organic and ecologically sound products, and walk to work.
We encourage our clients to find their own equilibrium for greater wellbeing and enjoyment of life.
Our Purpose | Guiding you towards better health & life.
We focus on the essential relationship between your spine and nervous system (the brain, spinal cord, and nerves exiting from the spine) and how that relationship affects the restoration and preservation of health and well-being.
We seek to improve function and remove interference to the delicate and vital nervous system through gentle chiropractic adjustments, along with natural healthcare and lifestyle advice.
Our purpose is to educate, guide, serve and support as many people as possible towards better health and life.
Our Principals | Why we do what we do.
The care we provide is based on natural laws and guiding principles.
1. There is an inborn wisdom in each of us which continually organises and co-ordinates the human body (we call this innate intelligence).
2. The body heals itself (simple but true).
3. Physical, chemical and emotional factors can overwhelm the body's ability to adapt and over time can lead to dis-ease and disease.
4. The ability of the body to heal itself is determined by limitations of time and matter (given the right ingredients and environment amazing things can happen).
5. The nervous system is central to the regulation and co-ordination of all physiological processes.
6. Chiropractors correct distortions to nervous system function (subluxations) to enhance natural function and the inner expression of health. They do not treat symptoms, diseases, or conditions (although as a result of a better functioning nervous system many different problems can and do heal).
7. Only the innate intelligence of the body can truly establish what is normal for every individual (what is beneficial or harmful for one person may not be so for another).
8. Chiropractic is not a substitute for medical care, nor is medical (or any other form of care) a substitute for chiropractic care.
9. People must learn to take responsibility for, and make their own decisions regarding their health (we seek to provide clear and accurate information so people's choices are as fully informed as possible).
10. A body with a good nerve supply is always better off than one with a poor nerve supply.
11. Healing occurs from the inside out.
Our Policy | To focus on you.
We promise we'll honour your health goals whether you want pain relief or wellness care. We'll respect your time and make your visits efficient and effective. We'll protect your privacy by keeping your personal information confidential. We'll perform detailed examinations, explain our findings and answer your questions. We'll provide excellent service at a fair price. We'll offer choices and refer to other specialists as needed. We'll encourage participation and show you ways to get well faster and stay there. We'll offer clinical excellence with the latest safe and natural chiropractic care. We'll offer hope because with a revived nervous system, anything is possible.